Prep time: 5-8 minutes Blend time: 1½ minutes Total time: 7-9½ minutes Feeds: 1-2 people (depending on how much you want in your bowl)
Todays recipe is surely the best recipe yet. I promise you, the moment you put this delicious, completely homemade recipe into your mouth your mouth just gets a burst of cold, fruity flavor. My mouth is already watering while writing this, I mean look at that! There are many many different recipes to açaí bowls but this one is my favorite. I included two different pictures of açaí bowls to show you that you can make them multiple different ways. I have a homemade granola recipe I just posted so make sure you go check that out as well! This beauty of a bowl is a blended fruit base of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. The fun part is all the stuff you can put on top of the bowl, you can literally go crazy with the condiments and it will only make the bowl better. But, always remember less is more! I make açaí bowls all the time for me. Then one time I made them for my brothers and they ask for it literally every single day haha. I got a bit tired of making them for my little brother Chase all the time so he asked if I would teach him how to make it. So I did but now he can just print this recipe and make it in the kitchen. I hope you all enjoy this amazing, perfect for summer recipe! Enjoy!
This açaì bowl is a little different than others. For more flavor and protein I add vanilla protein powder and for more thickness instead of the açaì packets I add less milk and more frozen fruit. You want the base of the açaì bowl to be thick and scoopable, not watery. Basically, you want to make sure to blend your base until it’s smooth with as little liquid as possible. Start with ⅓ cup and add a tiny bit as you need it. If you add too much, you can add a bit more frozen fruit and it will thicken up again.
The very first coconut was found by Portuguese explorers in the 15th century, found growing on Tropical islands throughout the Indian Ocean (coco, 1). The Portuguese explorers actually named it “coquo” (coco) which means “small animal” because, the eyes and the mouth on the brown outer shell reminded them of a grinning face of a monkey (coco, 1). Coconut trees have been discovered as growing near coastal waters all over the world. About 85% of the worlds coconut production originates in the Philippines and Indonesia, while India and Sri Lanka provides the remaining 15% (coco, 2). Coconut trees can surprisingly grow up to 100 feet tall! These trees can also provide thousands of coconuts that can last up to 70-100 years!! (coco, 2)
This fruit is also very healthy for you. God created them being high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterols. Coconuts also are rich in copper and iron which helps form red blood cells, as well as selenium, which protects your cells from illness (healthline, 1). Over all, coconuts are extremely healthy for you. Once again God made yet another super fascinating and delicious fruit.
God has blessed us graciously with yummy fruits that are good for us, so make sure to give thanks to Him! Enjoy this weeks recipe everyone! ❤
Utensils You Will Need For This Recipe:
- Blender (preferably Ninja)
Ingredients For Bowl:
☑︎ 1½ cups of frozen mixed fruit berries
☑︎ ½ banana
☑︎ 1 small scoop vanilla protein powder
☑︎ ⅓ cup of vanilla almond milk (or regular, but vanilla gives more flavor)
☑︎ 1 frozen açaì berry bowl packet (you can get them at a local grocery store. I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
Condiments On Top:
You can put any of these on top nuts, berries, seeds, protein, these are just suggestions but I use most of these!
☑︎ Peanut Butter
☑︎ Coconut Flakes
☑︎ The other half of your banana sliced thinly
☑︎ Chia Seeds
☑︎ Fresh unfrozen fruit like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, dragon fruit, mangos, kiwi and more (sliced thinly or chopped)
Instructions For Bowl:
- Set up your blender
- Put in the frozen fruit, banana, protein powder, almond milk, and the açaì packet
- Blend on medium or frozen drink depending on what blender you have
- It will take a little to blend but remember You want the base of the açaì bowl to be thick and scoopable, not watery. Basically, you want to make sure to blend your base until it’s smooth with as little liquid as possible. Start with ⅓ cup and add a tiny bit as you need it. If you add too much, you can add a bit more frozen fruit and it will thicken up again.
- Pour Açaì substance into bowl. I ordered cute coconut bowls with spoons off of amazon!
- Smooth out with spoon and add on your toppings
- Cut the rest of your banana thinly, then lay over top of bowl
- Put on your granola, peanut butter, chia seeds, coconut flakes, strawberries and tjen lastly drizzle your honey over the entire bowl and enjoy!
Stay healthy and remember to give thanks to the Lord for all He does for us! Have an amazing weekend!